New to The Happy Finances Challenge? Learn more HERE.
As you get into your passion-based side-hustle, a lot of questions are going to surface. How should I price my products? What should I blog about? What topics should go into my workshop? What’s a media kit? How do I create a tutorial?
As a newbie, you have the benefit of being surrounded by people (online and offline) doing what you want to do. It’s just a matter of how you want to find your crew.
So for today’s lifework, I want you to consider how you will build relationships with people in your industry as you begin to grow your side-hustle.
Here are a few ways to begin the process:
- Identify 10-15 people in the industry that you want to break into and stalk study everything that they do. Go to their sites, buy their products, sign-up for their mailing lists so you can really get a deep understanding of what they offer, how they offer it, and more importantly, how you are different from them.
- Join Facebook groups based on your interest
- Offer to interview them for your site or publication
- Comment on their work publicly via your social media outlets.
- Email the experts that you want to emulate. Be sure that you are not looking to “pick their brain.” Be a big girl and invest in their services to show goodwill and that you are interested in a mutually beneficial relationship.
Now it’s your turn. How will you begin to connect with those in your community? What other ways can you think of to make connections?
Since we are your crew, share how you’ll use The Happy Finances Community to help you achieve your goals for Day 33.
That’s it for today’s lifework!
Also, leave a comment below with your “aha” moment or reach out to your accountability partner(s) for questions and insights.
Finally, hit me up and share your insights. I’m cheering you on.
Want to work through the Happy Finances Challenge in a workbook? Get your copy here today!
The Mama Bear Principle: Mama Bears are protective of their cubs and their crew. And that’s exactly how I feel about our community. Throughout the Happy Finances Challenge, I may recommend some products and service and receive some form of compensation. However, I would NEVER suggest them unless I truly believed they were useful or helpful.