If you’re interested in the Happy Finances Challenge, you’ll love The Happy Finances Challenge book. Get your copy here.
Yesterday, you were knee-deep in paperwork. Sorting. Shifting. Organizing. And doing so with a keen lens of what’s necessary and what’s not.
You should now have fewer documents in your living space. You should also feel like you have only the important documents in your money space. We needed to accomplish that so today’s lifework would be useful and meaningful.You should also feel like you have only the important documents in your money space. Click To Tweet
Today’s Lifework: Now that you know what documents you have, we are going to purchase the proper financial tools to keep them safe and organized.
- Head to your local Staples or Office Depot and purchase:
- A scanner (if you want to create e-files)
- A shredder (to properly destroy documents with your personal information)
- Sufficient file folders for the four document categories
- A safe-deposit box for papers that can’t be easily replaced (think: original birth and death certificates, Social Security cards, passports, life insurance documents, military discharge information, marriage and divorce decrees, vehicle titles, etc) but not necessary if you are on a budget)
Go to our Happy Finances Community and share your Day 11 list of office essentials.
That’s it for today’s lifework!
Also, leave a comment below with your “aha” moment or reach out to your accountability partner(s) for questions and insights.
Finally, hit me up and share your insights. I’m cheering you on.
Want to work through the Happy Finances Challenge in a workbook?
The Happy Finances Challenge is 42 days of transforming how you “do” money and life. Get a copy of The Happy Finances Challenge book here.
The Mama Bear Principle: Mama Bears are protective of their cubs and their crew. And that’s exactly how I feel about our community. Throughout the Happy Finances Challenge, I may recommend some products and service and receive some form of compensation. However, I would NEVER suggest them unless I truly believed they were useful or helpful. love