If you’re interested in the Happy Finances Challenge, you’ll love The Happy Finances Challenge book. Get your copy here.
When you know better, you do better. Period. With Days 2 and 3, you went deep and saw your financial past and present for what they really were. For some of you, this might have been really uncomfortable and unsettling.
You were probably judging yourself or even your family members for their financial missteps.
That’s why today’s exercise is so crucial for you to move forward.
Today’s lifework: You are going to acknowledge the past but leave it behind. Let it go. It’s done its part.
Here’s how in a few simple steps:
- Find a quiet space in your office or home. (Lighting candles are great, but optional).
- You are going to sit in a comfortable position (on the floor, in a comfy chair) and you are going to envision that you are at a family dinner table.
- At the dinner table, you are going to speak firmly and lovingly to all of the members that you listed on your family tree.
- You are going to tell them (choose any and all that resonate with you):
- I forgive you for not showing me…
- I release the need to blame you for …
- I am committed to forgiving you for…
- After you’ve spoken to your family members, you are going to speak to yourself.
- I forgive myself for…
- I release my need to blame myself…
- I acknowledge that I am capable of changing…
Be sure to share your Day 4 growth with us in the Happy Finances Facebook Community.
Your feelings after the forgiveness ritual…
That’s it for today’s lifework!
Also, leave a comment below with your “aha” moment or reach out to your accountability partner(s) for questions and insights.
Finally, hit me up and share your insights. I’m cheering you on.
The Happy Finances Challenge is 42 days of transforming how you “do” money and life. Get a copy of The Happy Finances Challenge book here.
The Mama Bear Principle: Mama Bears are protective of their cubs and their crew. And that’s exactly how I feel about our community. Throughout the Happy Finances Challenge, I may recommend some products and service and receive some form of compensation. However, I would NEVER suggest them unless I truly believed they were useful or helpful.