Hi! If you don’t know me, let me introduce myself. I’m Kara Stevens, founder of The Frugal Feminista, a personal finance and personal development company committed to helping women of color heal their relationships with money and themselves. ☺
And I have a big announcement to make!!
On January 7th, 2019, in honor of my third book (insert happy dance) called The Happy Finance Challenge, I’m launching a FREE 42-day online challenge of the same name, The Happy Finances Challenge, to help as many women worldwide as possible transform their finances- and their lives.
Check out this 4-minute video where I share more about this transformational challenge:
We are NOT playing in 2019 so that’s why we are planning NOW.
In this challenge, I focus on six critical areas of your finances. I teach you:
- How to heal your relationship with money
- What it takes to build an emergency fund and a soulful (not stingy, sickly) budget
- How to eliminate credit card debt which will help your credit score level up
- Create a retirement plan that allows you to enjoy life now and build a strong financial future
- Build your side-hustle muscle through helping you create multiple streams of income
- Have courageous conversations with your friends and family about money boundaries and financial self-care.
On top of that, you’ll be able to join the Happy Finances community where you’ll meet your fellow Happiness Warriors trying to get right with their money and their lives.
I have a lot of “whys” but they can be boiled down to two.
First. This is my calling. This is my jam. I was built to teach, talk, write, encourage, support, and elevate women. Period.
Second. Because I want you to be happy. And happiness begins with truth as my mentor always tells me. And many of us are robbing ourselves of happiness, especially in our money lives and it DOESN’T have to be that way… at all. The lifework (aka daily bite-sized exercise) helps you uncover the truth about your money while offering you doable, practical, and realistic next steps so you can see an almost immediate improvement in your financial world.
Lifting as we climb
I’m the daughter of a fierce single mother immigrant from the beautiful island of Antigua who taught me to be strong, self-reliant, and determined about my education. So I ended up with three degrees, but also a ton of debt, and a feeling of shame— a sense of longing and need for money guidance. So it took me years of self-study, courses, and trial and error to get my money on the good foot.
But when I finally figured out how to eliminate $65K worth of student loan debt and credit card debt, build a 5-figure emergency fund, create A+ credit, and create the Frugal Feminista, and create a sense of inner peace and financial confidence, I knew that I couldn’t keep this to myself. I wanted to create a resource, a hands-on 360 degree emotional and financial learning experience and safe space that would make you happier, wealthier, and braver about your money and your life.
I love my community. Women are my community. They raised me. They cared for me. And I would be remiss if I didn’t come back like Harriet and free some of us from financial slavery.
The link to join is here. And it’s free, so all barriers to join are removed. You just need to commit.
And last thing—make sure NOT to keep this to yourself. Share this information with at least 15 women you know. A movement isn’t a movement without its people.
Last next steps
Once you sign up to get in on this financial education and financial encouragement (because you NEED both to create transformation. Forget what you heard about it being one or the other), I get to share other details with you about:
- our TBA kick-off rally inside The Happy Finances Community (it’s a closed group so you have to request inclusion)
- how to get your Happy Finances swag before January 7th aka Day 1 of the Happy Finances Challenge #happyfinances #happinesswarriors
- the best time to purchase your OWN copy of The Happy Finances Challenge so you can complete the challenge on your commute to work, while under the dryer, while you’re waiting to pick up your kids, or any other time where you can grab a few minutes of “me time” and can’t get to WIFI. It’s also for us old stuff bidies out there that LOVE our hard copy books and want to keep your thoughts and transformations all in one place.
So sign up today and share!
Love you guys. We are lifting as we climb.