On some days, paying those bills on time and being serious about making extra money to increase your net worth can be a struggle. I promise you that there will be days you will feel afraid, defeated, and overwhelmed. But there is a saying that goes, “adversity introduces a (wo)man to herself.” When building your financial confidence, you are going to constantly need motivation and inspiration. Below are a few ways for you to engage in pampering yourself while pinching your pennies. I am also providing you with a few of my favorite quotes and affirmations that I relied on heavily when I fighting my inner financial demons.
11 Ways to Pamper Yourself as You Pay Down Your Debt (under $15)
- A bubble bath
- A manicure
- A pedicure
- A selfie in something sexy
- A new journal to document your financial journey
- One cocktail during happy hour
- Your favorite Pandora station
- Brunch at your local diner or a Living Social Deal
- Take a MHD (mental health day) from work
- A new body scrub or body wash
- A local play or theatre in the park. (I use www.brownpapertickets.com to scout for low-cost, interesting cultural events and activities.)
11 Financial Affirmations and Inspiring Quotes To Get You Out Of Your Financial Rut*
- Savings is super sexy.
- The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. OprahWinfey
- “I got my start my giving myself a start.” Madam CJ Walker
- I can do this. I can do this. I know this because I was born to succeed.
- Little by little, the chicken will drink water. Ghanaian proverb
- Someone was hurt before you, wronged before you, hungry before you, frightened before you, beaten before you, humiliated before you, raped before you… yet, someone survived… You can do anything you choose to do.” –Maya Angelou
- Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.” -Walter Anderson
- “You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” –A.A. Milne
- I finish what I start.
- “Old fools were once young fools.” African-American saying
- “My money is my power. The more money I keep, the more power I have.”
*I created affirmations and quotes that are not attributed to someone.
Frugal Feminista Family– What else would you add to this list? How are you staying motivated and positive?